ORIGIN DJ & PRODUCER COMPETITION 2019
For the first time we will be awarding both People’s Choice + Judges Choice, as well as opening the competition up to Producers & Live Artists with TWO SLOTS per day up for grabs.
Wednesday 2nd October:
Monday 28th October:
Friday 1st November:
Monday 25th November:
Announcement of Finalists
Friday 13th December:
People's Choice Voting Closes
Monday 16th December:
Announcement of Winners
RULES // DJ
- Maximum mix length: 10 minutes.
- Mix must be uploaded to Mixcloud only, with a link provided to the mix.
- Minimum of 3 songs to be mixed, with tracklist time stamped on mixcloud mix page and listed in the description.
- One entry per person - if someone is in a 'duo' they must choose whether they are going to enter solo or in the duo.
- No personal messaging judging panel about the competition - all competition enquiries must be directed to email@example.com or Origin Fields FB inbox.
- Mix must be made specifically for the competition - after all you are competing for a spot to play at one of the biggest NYE festivals in the world.
- Tracks must be selected carefully for an opening set of a festival - i.e. avoid the biggest bangers in the world or something along those lines. We're looking for individuality, tastemakers over people playing the same music everyone else is playing.
- Mixes must be recorded live, no premixed in Ableton.
- Winning entries must prove their DJ ability at Lab Six first.
RULES // FOR PRODUCER & ARTIST
- Original song must be submitted via Soundcloud link only (no private links).
- One entry per person – If you are in a 'duo' or group they must choose whether they are going to enter solo or in the duo/ group.
- Must perform on simple DJ / MC set-up, 30 minute set at minimum.
Absolutely No personal messaging judging panel about the competition - all competition enquiries must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Origin Fields Inbox.
Origin Fields approached Danger Dave (Cool Shit) to commission an installation for Origin Fields 2018 entitled "Pool Freaks."
The Origin Fields project had Dave create a unique project which was informed by a direct collaboration with the festival investigating the theme of a Western Australian summer get-together.
Three large inflatable sculptures were erected in the Langley Park site, amalgamating inflatable pool toys and refreshing treats such as ice cream and fruit, resulting in larger than life characters with which the festival public interacted.
This year, Origin Fields are looking for enthralling and interactive submissions for the 2019 art grant. Successful candidate will be allocated a budget of $10,000 to create their piece to be displayed at the festival.
- Site visits and artist meetings occur October 14-16
- Successful submission announced Friday, October 18
- 9 weeks to create works
- Install dates from December 27 - December 31
- Artist receives 2 x vip tickets to see their work in action (value $720)
- Artist to have access to high res imagery for their folio use
- Artist will have dedicated social media post to announce works
- Artist will have a plaque / informational piece placed next to art
Send all submissions to email@example.com
Submissions close Friday, October 11.